Rotten? I don’t know yet. But it certainly isn’t good.
We already concluded that the diet site, and the diet, is a clone of kimkins. This could be explained by Bonnie or David being early kimkins members and deciding to cash out on Bonnie’s weight loss by having their own pay site. (However, Bonnie’s weight loss story makes no mention of kimkins.)
I would love for this to be a legitimate business, as I’m so tired of suspect internet practices. However, the inconsistencies just keep adding up. A short summary of findings and speculations from Kimkins Exhausted and LCF, plus some I have come across myself:
Bonnie has a candle business in Granbury, Texas.
- Mapquest of the address shows a location out in nowhere. Surely there are successful businesses run in Texas in rural areas but wouldn’t they need a building? Do candles grow in fields?
- In a comment to my previous blog post, Hulon Pate (the daughter in law to Bonnie – edited, I think this should say “son in law”) pointed out that “Bonnie had lived all her life in Fort Worth, TX.” Why did she find it necessary to even mention this. My post had no information about the location of the business or questioning where Bonnie is or whether she is a real person or not.
- The candle business sells on Ebay. Shipping is from Tollhouse, CA. Hmm.
- I Lost 160 Pounds In Only 10 Months
- low carb, low fat and low calorie
- Is it just chicken you eat and the answer is NO. There are vegetables involved and other meats that are eatin as well. (sic)
- So as you can see it is easy to stick with and you never have to go aound hungry or drink some nasty tasting powder drink.
- I hope this sheds some light that this is more than just chicken.
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PAY $69.95 TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS DIET?
The present membership price for this “plan” is $69.95, for the first 200 members.
- Bonnie said herself, in a comment here on my blog, that they have already reached 200 members. But they have not changed the price on their web page.
- The membership fee was initially, and at least until mid July, $19.95. What caused it to jump so suddenly? There is no obvious spamming on the net (apart from a few on Craigslist). Where and how will they recruit new members? Can we expect to see a new WW success story soon, featuring Bonnie?
- The sign up page has the PayPal logo but you can only pay by credit card. Why no PayPal account? Bonnie has one for her Ebay business and surely could get another if she is in good standing.
Is it time to bring out the Chicken Ducks?