Kimkins Exhausted has posted the menu plan for the Magic Chicken Diet. It doesn’t look good to me, even if you like chicken.
Let’s take a look at the first day’s menu:
Breakfast: 4 chicken strips
Snack: 1 cheese stick
Lunch: Grilled chicken salad from Sonic (onion ring removed)
Snack: 5 strawberries and Diet Jello
Dinner: Grilled chicken filet and steamed broccoli
Snack: Diet Jello
In the text under the menu, it is recommended to keep calories between 800 and 1200. I can not get the above menu to even reach 800.
My total is 712 calories with 24 grams fat, 22 grams carbs and 106 grams protein. I initially had a pat of butter in there but had to take it out as I otherwise would have exceeded the 25 gram fat maximum.
Other words of wisdom from the chicken lady:
- If you want to lose a little faster just cut out a serving of veggies or the fruit for a couple of days.
- Try to drink between 80 to 100 ounces of water a day. I have not myself but it is better for you if you can. I always drink Crystal Light, Tea with Splenda and Diet Drinks.
- You can get Crystal Light Slurpees at most 7-11 or RaceTrac but also you can make your own.
- Sugar Free Jello is a great snack and only 10 calories. Try all the different flavors and get creative and come up with your own blends.
- I don’t eat any of the dressing but if you need it get the spray dressing at the store that is only like 10 calories a spray.
- Once a month I treat myself to a nonfat yogurt twist from Costco they are great but just do it once a month because it does have carbs.
- I never did through any of my weight loss exercise except for my normal route selling of candles. I do realize that I need to start now so that I can tone up, but it is not necessary.
And this is from someone who claims to never have heard about Kimkins.